Sunday, September 6, 2015

An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself. - Charles Dickens

If you are reading this, you have probably experienced some of the same feelings that I have in the city of Charleston, SC.  The Queen of Southern cities, Charleston is known for its history and its charm as well as its ghostly inhabitants which make popular tour topics.
I am from the South.  Born and raised.  If you examine my family tree, you will see that no one in my ancestral line has resided any further North than Virginia at any time.  Perhaps that's why I too am so comfortable in this part of the world. 
I have always felt drawn to the city of Charleston ever since my first visit when I was about ten years old.  It left an indelible impression on me that was not forgotten as I entered my adulthood and it continues today.  When I visit the city, I feel as though I am home.  When I leave, I know that I will return.  Was it my home? 
This blog is for those of us who feel an uncanny and somewhat supernatural attraction to Charleston.  My brain and the faith that I was raised in tells me there is nothing unusual here, but merely my mind's attempt to create a connection to a city I hold dear.  But my intuition tells me there is something more to this place than simply an historical and beautiful city of interest.  I am inspired to learn more about the richness of its past and open my mind to the possibility of spectral visitors. This blog will be a place to share stories from our walks and encounters among the streets of Charleston.  Come and walk them with me...

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete